1. So we knowXML is case sensitive.
2. Well formedness realtes to
i) ALL OPEN TAGS BEING CLOSED
ii) ALL ATTRIBUES NEEDS TO BE QUOTED.
3. XML documents are nothing but trees.
4. XML gives each child exactly one parent, if an element starts tag appears in an element tag it has to end also in that tag.
5. < strong > < em > < /strong> < /em> is NOT allowed in XML
6. Root element is also called document element. Every well formed XML document has only one root element, elements might not overlap and they have exactly one parent.
7. Mixed content model:
An element can have child elements in them as well as text, this is called the mixed content model.
Attributes must be quoted in XML documents.
An element cannot have the same attribute names repeated twice.
Single quotes in attribute names might be useful when the attribute name itself contain quotes.
9. Some of the legal names in XML are
1. A-Z, a-z, 1-9 , Special characters being
ii) hyphen -
iii) period .
XML names cannot have spaces in their name , they need to only start with letters, a hyphen a period. No limit to the length of an elelment or other XML name