Reading this book off late Don't Make me think , Will keep updating it with interesting things which I find
1. Sherlock holmes to Dr Watson (on earth revolving around sun)
"What the deuce is it for me? You say we go around the sun. If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work"
2. Nothing important should be more than 2 clicks away.
3. Creating a site get rid of the question marks
- If you can create a button do that don't make it a link.
- Make pages self-evident
4. We dont read pages we just scan them
- How users read the web (www.useit.com)
5. We don't make optimal choices. We staisfice(Models of man:Social and Rational)
-How people make decisions
- We choose the first reasonable option.
6. We don't figure out how things work, we muddle through
7. If your audience is going to act like your're designing billboards then design great billboards.
8. Billboards design 101
- Create a clear visual hierarchy on each page
- Take advantage of conventions
- Break up page into clearly defined areas
- Make it obvious what is clickable
- Minimize noise
9. Three mindless unambigous clicks equlas one click that requires thought.
- Making choices mindless.
10. "Get rid of half the words on each page then get rid of half of what's left"
- Elemts of Style
- Eliminates instructions by making everything self explanatory